Sunday, March 27, 2005

A Letter to the President

XXXXX XXXXXXXXXX
Jacksonville, FL 32XXX

President George W. Bush
The White House
1600 Pennsylvania Ave.
Washington, D.C., 20500

Dear Mr. President,

I was recently browsing through the U.S. Constitution, and I noticed that the 10th Amendment states:

The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the states, are reserved to the states respectively, or to the people.

This amendment made me curious, so I searched the document for any mention of education. It turns out that nowhere in the Constitution do the states delegate to the federal government the right or power to fund or regulate education. Therefore the U.S. Department of Education is unconstitutional.

I'm sure that this was a simple oversight on your part. Please eliminate the U.S. Department of Education at your earliest convenience.

Sincerely,

John

No comments: