Thursday, March 31, 2005

The Sexual Dynamic of Political Commentary

My wife is moderately conservative, but was largely disinterested in politics until she had the questionable fortune of meeting me. Since then, I've dragged her down into the muck with my bad habits (blogging, reading the National Review, advocating limited government, etc.). Now my nefarious works have born fruit. Last night, as she drove home from work, my wife listened to the Hugh Hewitt show on the radio, which featured columnist Mark Steyn. Although I take a back seat no one in my admiration for Steyn's piercing analysis and sharp wit, never before have I entered my own home and, upon encountering my spouse, described Mr. Steyn as "such a hottie". Then again, I have only read Steyn and not listened to his "sultry British accent".

Although one might be inclined to be jealous of any political commentator who might so excite one's wife, I count myself fortunate to be married to a woman who can get animated over political punditry.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Guess who's sleeping on the couch tonight???

Anonymous said...

Well, maybe not... Love you, sweetie!