Thursday, April 14, 2005

The Christian Store

Joe Carter has a good post on the commercialization of Christianity:

When I walk through Lifeway or Family Christian stores I avert my gaze from the figurines and paintings so that I will have minimal exposure to Christian kitsch. I carefully arrange my life so that I can avoid exposure to Scripture Candy or Bibleman action figures. But today the dastardly Tgrish from Lean Left sent me a link to a story about the foot-tall Jesus doll which can “recite five Biblical verses at the push of button on its back.” I had just recovered from the Jesus-scented candles; I didn’t need anything else to get my blood boiling.

While you're at it, read this hilarious satire on the subject.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"Hugs for Personal Injury Lawyers" -- great satire!