Thursday, May 05, 2005

Another Complaint about Garrett-Evangelical

You what also bothered me about Garrett? No snake handling. How can it be a Christian seminary, let alone United Methodist, without weekly snake handling services?! They don't even offer a course on the subject! At Asbury, it's required for the Master of Divinity!

No, at Garrett they offer these silly courses in 'Greek' and 'Hebrew'. I can't imagine why, since the Bible was written in English in 1611! How can a pastor be prepared for practical ministry at Garrett-Evangelical?!

5 comments:

Pastor Jon said...

It's just my humble opinion, but I would suggest that you preach from the Lukan account of the Ascension tonight (or Sunday).

:)

Grace and Peace,

PastorJon

Anonymous said...

You have got to be kidding! Courses on snake-handleing?!?

John said...

Of course not. Come on! It's snake handling -- straight out of the Book of Discipline.

So, anyway, there we were in Chapel, worshipping with the student body, when my spiritual gift of glossoalia takes over. And the Garrett kids look at me like I'm some wierdo!

Anonymous said...

John... I am not sure I have a bead on you yet, Asbury better watch out -- it looks like they have a live wire on their hands!

John said...

Ah, the gift of pirate-speak! Explains why you picked the Orlando campus.

"And avast, I am with thee always, even unto Davy Jone's locker."