Sunday, May 08, 2005

If You Can't Say Something Nice...

From the wording of Shane Raynor's post here, I take it that...er, I have something of a combative personality. Or the reputation of one, anyway. To those I have offended, I apologize. It is one of my failings that I enjoy arguing, and assume that other people like to play as rough as I do.

So allow me to say a few nice things about my colleagues in the blogosphere, who are well deserving of my respect.

Shane Raynor -- fantastic legs, especially in shorts.

Pen -- a brutal, jaw-breaking left hook that is the envy of every man at the gym.

Donald Sensing -- can drink every (and I mean every) UMC pastor in the Southeastern Jurisdiction under the table.

Theresa Coleman -- does not roast kittens over the fireplace, contrary to those awful rumors that Gavin has been spreading.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wonder if Donald Sensing learned his drinking technique from Bill O'Reilly?

As for the comment about my legs, I told the United Methodist Reporter this is the reaction I expected if they insisted on going tabloid and running those Spring break photos.

Anonymous said...

Hmmm... a pacifist with a brutal jaw breaking left hook...

Am I that transparent? Thanks for the ... er, compliment?

Anonymous said...

I used to think that I was a somewhat decent guy. However, since I began commenting and/or guest blogging two years ago, I've received encouraging and/or supporting e-mails from around 15 people and mildly to harshly condemning e-mail from around 200 folks. Part of it, though, may be that anger and disagreement get the adrenaline going a lot stronger. And then, maybe I'm not really very nice; I do not, however, kick my dog.

Jonathon said...

Well, where in the world did Gavin get those roasted kittens he served at his little dinner party last week? They were quite tasty, I must say, especially with a bit of honey mustard and ritz crackers.

gavin richardson said...

did i spread a rumor? you must have me confused with some other future serial killer who is roasting kittens. john, are you trying to go tabloid? i see a slander lawsuit in the future.. &:~D

Theresa Coleman said...

I have not roast kitten in *years* -- at least not intentionally. It was confused with the Welch Rare-bit (mostly made of cheese and toast), which was somehow translated "rabbit" (small furry cute) and then mangled to "kitten."

And I thought that the Locusts were chocolate coated....