Thursday, June 23, 2005

Teaching Blogging at Church

Quotidian Grace is blegging for curriculum materials and advice on teaching an upcoming Sunday School class on Christian blogging.

She has some interesting questions that are worth answering:

Since I've only been blogging for about three months, I'd love some comments from those of you with more experience writing a faith-based blog.

What would you include in a class like this?

How does your blog integrate with your total ministry?

What were your expectations when you began the blog and have they been met or changed by your experience?

2 comments:

Jim said...

I prepared a flash presentation about blogging for my colleagues on the WV Conference Children & Poverty Ministry Team.

It is located at http://www.knotted-pine.com/blogging.swf. Clicking on each slide will advance it to the next.

Everyone should feel free to use it as they wish.

I also have a KeyNote and PowerPoint version if anyone wants a copy.

P.S. I am not really a Methodist blogger, but more of a Blogger who is Methodist, or a Methodist who blogs. My best recent posts for those who don't want to wade through the mundane posts that I usually share are probably here and here.

John said...

Thanks, Jim!