Friday, January 13, 2006

The 2008 Democratic Presidential Race

Jeff the Baptist has been handicapping the 2008 Democratic Presidential race. He thinks that rumored candidate Sen. Joe Biden of Delaware hasn't a prayer:

Come now there is one other thing standing between Diamond Joe and the presidency: the state of Delaware. I live in Delaware. I love Delaware. But do you honestly think either party is going to nominate a candidate who can only bring in 3 electoral votes from his home state? It ain't gonna happen.

The problem with this analysis is that Jeff is using "logic" and "reason." As my loyal readers know, these are epistemological concerns that play little role in my thought or writing. I do not impose such limitations on myself. So I decided to implement a more realistic test of the Democratic Presidential race in order to determine its outcome.

I typed out the name of five names common floated among political junkies as potential candidates: Sen. John Kerry (D-MA), Sen. Hillary Clinton (D-NY), Sen. Joe Biden (D-DE), Gov. Bill Richardson (D-NM), and Gov. Mark Warner (D-VA) on slips of paper. On each piece of paper, I placed a small slice of banana and placed my rabbit Inlehain in the center, like so:

Obviously, the the banana slice that he eats first represents who will win the Presidential nomination.


And we have a winner! Sen. Joe Biden of Delaware will win the 2008 Democratic Presidential race.

Shows you how much Jeff knows.

6 comments:

gavin richardson said...

did he see his shadow too? does that mean we have 40 more years of a bad economy?

Andy B. said...

Not that you thought of the idea; not that you actually did it; not that you blogged about doing it; but that you took pictures of it!
That is what made me laugh.
John, you are the best!

Anonymous said...

Ouch. Gavin went there.

Jeff the Baptist said...

Well your rabbit is representative of the intellectual capability of the average democratic voter, so I may have to bow to it's furry wisdom. ;)

John said...

[blush]

Thanks, Andy.

Anonymous said...

Looks like the Democrats are gonna have a "harey" campaign.