Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Reconciliation and Necrophobia

I've written before about the ugly, discriminatory policies that the UMC has in place against Zombie-Americans. In a related vein, Fafnir and Giblets are presently debating reconciling such differences dividing humankind:

"The only thing we have to fear is fear itself," says me.

"And zombies," says Giblets.

"Yes, and zombies," says me. "But we should also fear our fear of zombies."

"Fear of zombies is useful," says Giblets. "It got us way up in this tree out of reach of the zombies."

"Well yeah that's true," says me. "But maybe it prevents us from workin together with the zombies to overcome our differences."

"As long as the zombies adhere to their rigid pro-eating-us agenda no compromise is possible!" says Giblets.

"But Giblets that's what compromise is all about," says me. "Maybe if we compromise on gettin eaten they'll compromise on pork tariffs an the border dispute."

[reformatted for easier reading]

2 comments:

DErifter said...

Thanks, John for that insightful, inside look at the UMC's hateful, (wait no,) ugly, discriminitory policies regarding zombies. I had no idea. I just returned from a whirlwind tour of some of the zombie links from your site to fafblog and back and frankly, well I guess I already said that I just returned... already thanked you for the insightful, inside look... I guess I forgot where I was going with that.

Anyway, OH WAIT! NOW I REMEMBER! I was going to say that I wish I was Methodist so I could play a meaningful role in the institution of a more zombie-friendly, um, now I forgot again. If you remember let me know will ya? Thanks.

John said...

There is always hope for the future that UMC will let go of the hate.