Saturday, February 18, 2006

Pass the Mic

I've been tagged by Jim McKay with the latest meme going around. The rules: List seven songs you are into right now. No matter what the genre, whether they have words, or even if they're any good, but they must be songs you're really enjoying now. Post these instructions in your blog along with your seven songs. Then tag seven other people to see what they're listening to.

Well, I really don't listen to music. Some guy sliced my car antenna off a few years ago, so I have limited options in the car. I haven't purchased a CD in years. And I don't download music off the Internet. But let's see what I can do with this.

1. Ace of Spades HQ directed me to this song a few weeks ago, which has turned out to be shockingly addictive. It's the Beatles' Lucy in the Sky With Diamonds sung by William Shatner. I can't stop myself from hitting the play button, over and over again.

2. This one is easier to resist: Leonard Nimoy singing The Ballad of Bilbo Baggins. Nimoy sang more albums that you might think.

3. I can't resist the majesty of the Lord when I sing the old hymn Victory in Jesus.

4. It's been several years since I've been even slightly 'in' to music. But back in the day, Foolish Games by Jewel could stop my in my tracks.

5. Man, the Lilith Fair era was great! I loved those bands. Meredith Brooks may have been a one-hit wonder, but her one hit was really good: Bitch. This isn't a complete video, but the best that I could find.

6. During the Lilith Fair period, I was also exposed to the work of Dave Matthews, such as the lovely song Crash Into Me.

7. My wife introduced me to the beauty of country music. I'm especially fond of Alan Jackson's work, such as the haunting romance Remember When.

Tag: William Shatner, Wil Wheaton, George Takei, Nichelle Nichols, Michael Daniel, Greg Hazelrig, and Jeff the Baptist.

2 comments:

Greg Hazelrig said...

Ok, I got tagged and tagged 7 others.

freethoughtguy said...

I know less than half these, but #6 is one of my faves!