Friday, March 03, 2006

Art Blogging: Robert Venosa

Robert Venosa's art is really indescribable. He is often referred to as a "Fantastic Realist", although I can't think of any categorization that is appropriate. He is a product of the 60s whose psychedelic art Salvador Dali praised as "spiritual madness painted with such a fine technique." I am far too ignorant of this artistic movement to write more, other than to point out Venosa's mind-blowing creativity matched by precise realism. It's like Abstract art, but good.




This is Garden of Delights. You'll have to visit Venosa's website for a larger view. Venosa doesn't allow many images of his work to circulate the Internet for free.






This is Crystalavi. It really does look like a sea of crystals, down to the smallest detail.







Return to Source. Like most of Venosa's art, I'm not sure that this painting can be understood without the consumption of LSD. [nota bene Which I have never done, Table Talk trolls.]





This is Astral Circus, which I suspect is a representation of Noah's Ark.

3 comments:

see-through faith said...

I love the ice effect

my office window looks a bit like that right now. on the inside of the outer layer of the double glazing.

John said...

Yes, it's amazing. His degree of detail is unmatched, but he is not limited to true reality.

John said...

What sort of art are you fond of, Cole?