Saturday, April 15, 2006

How I've Changed in the Past Year

I took the What is Your Theological Worldview? test and tried to post it, but it messed up my template. My results were:

Evangelical Holiness/Wesleyan: 93%
Charismatic/Pentecostal: 71%
Neo orthodox: 68%
Fundamentalist: 61%
Classical Liberal: 54%
Reformed Evangelical: 54%
Emergent/Postmodern: 50%
Roman Catholic: 43%
Modern Liberal: 36%

My memory is vague, but I took this test last summer and earned roughly 90% Wesleyan, 85% Reformed Evangelical, and 50% Fundamentalist. The remaining scores were below 50%. My Emergent score has gone way up, largely because of an increasing awareness of the failure of the modern church to drop its cultural baggage and traditions which are not mandated nor required by the gospel. I will, however, to my last dying breath, reject post modern epistemology.

I'm also less Reformed and Evangelical as I've come realize that giving altar calls is, to a large extent, a cop-out from real evangelism, which is personal, behavioral, and one-on-one.

I'm also more oriented to the importance of helping the poor and downtrodden as a core function of the church.

I'm not really sure what 'neo-orthodox' means, so I can't explain the sudden rise in that figure.

I plan to take this test every year and track my changes.

I'm not sure, but I think that this test gives me the highest Fundamentalist score in the Methoblogosphere, of which I am delighted. Now whenever I see Beth Quick, I can brag about how I'm more Fundamentalist than her.

6 comments:

Beth Quick said...

Haha. You know I'm shedding a lot of tears over this stunning news ;)
Happy Easter John!
I'll be praying for you and the approaching duel with my brother!!

John said...

My wife's scores:

Evangelical Holiness/Wesleyan 89%
Fundamentalist 82%
Emergent/Postmodern 75%
Reformed Evangelical 75%
Neo orthodox 71%
Charismatic/Pentecostal 61%
Classical Liberal 29%
Roman Catholic 25%
Modern Liberal 14%

I'm proud of her. This is why I gave her authority to jerk me back into line if Asbury's liberal theology (comparatively speaking) led me astray.

How about you, Larry? Wanna give it a shot?

Adam Caldwell said...

Asbury's "liberal" theology? LOL.

John said...

Surprisingly, yes. No joke.

Of course, having varied perspectives on campus is important to fully educate students. So maybe it's a good thing.

Adam Caldwell said...

I know that it is present...but compared to St. Paul in Kansas City, that's just funny.

Anonymous said...

Sorry to burst your Fundamentalist Bubble
Evangelical Holiness/Weslyan 88%
Reformed Evangelical 79%
Fundamentalist 68%
Neo Orthodox 61%
Emergent Postmodern 48%
Classical Liberal 38%
Roman Catholic 25%
Charismatic Pentocostal 21%
Modern Liberal 18%