Sunday, September 24, 2006

Meanwhile, Back at the Hall of Justice....

I'm working on the MBWR right now. My wife is a few feet away, on the couch, reading It.

"Sugarlump," I ask, "Would you hold me accountable to something?"

"Of course, Sweetie, anything you want."

"Then give me a gentle nudge if I ever address myself as 'the Reverend John Coke'."

"I'll do more than that; I'll push you down the stairs."

"How will I distinguish that from all the other times that you push me down the stairs?" I ask as I pour another cup of coffee.

"I'll push you down the stairs twice."

"Ah, I see."

Katherine offered to help out on the MBWR, but after her first entry was "[Liberal Methoblogger] has his head up his butt", I decided to do it completely myself.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

John, you should listen to your wife. It sounds to me that she tells it like it is.

Theresa Coleman said...

But what if he DOES have his head up his butt??