Monday, March 26, 2007

The Zombie Within

Gregory Lee extends the metaphor of being 'dead in sin' to being 'undead' in sin':

Finally! This zombie had a name! It was sin! This sin nature that was destroyed by the body and blood of Christ had risen again and continued to live a life of evil within Paul and within us all. This explained it all! In my own Christian walk, I had been attacked on many occasions by zombies. I fought back the best I could, but to no avail. Time and time again, the zombies controlled my actions, forcing me to turn away from God and to give in to the evil that they carried in their bodies. At the time, of course, I didn't know what was going on. I knew that I was a Christian. I knew that I had been washed in the blood of the lamb. I knew that my sins were forgiven. But, yet, that old sin nature, the same one that Paul said had been crucified on the cross with Christ, would come back to life at the most inopportune times, leading me into temptation and sin and evil until I cried out with Paul, "I do not know why I keep doing what I don't want to do!"

No comments: