- “You may not have chosen me, but I have chosen you."
- “I could not help but notice you were exegeting me instead of the text during the sermon.”
- ”Your name must be grace, because you are irresistible.”
- During communion say, “Can I get you another drink.”
- “The Good Book said that I might be visited by angels unaware, but something must be wrong with my interpretation, because I am perfectly aware of you.”
- “God may be the bread of life, but you are the butter.”
- “You must have missed The Fall line, because you are lookin’ righteous.”
Hat tip: Joe Carter