Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Clerical Adrenalin

Christopher Gudger-Raines is missing some adrenal rush in his life:

I don't want adrenaline 24/7. I understand and glorify God for the fact that my demeanor is appropriate for the nursing home and shut-in visits. I have felt important after a sermon and I do "get up" for Bible study. But it would be nice if I had one preacherly task that required a helmet. I think I could grow in important ways through some dangerous-because-it's-that-important-work. Maybe I'll get the buzz cut--just to remind me of those who live on the edge...the good edge. Do I need the Ray-bans, too?

3 comments:

Ken Lowery said...

The Warrior Nun comic? Oh man. Now I have to go wash myself... UNCLEAN...

Anonymous said...

Oh, Are_A_la. Had me wondering there, for a minute...

Have the Catholics picked up on this yet, or have they quit trying to clean up pop culture?

John said...

I don't think that Warrior Nun Areala has been widely published in many years and only comes out intermittently now. Although it's been years since I've read comics, so I wouldn't know.

I still have a few issues of WNA. It was quite good.