Monday, July 21, 2008

My Favorite Episode of The Twilight Zone

My favorite episode of the TV classic The Twilight Zone is "The Shelter". It's long struck me as having substantial homiletical application, as demonstrates the hidden viciousness and depravity of humanity; the brutality and selfishness inside all of us, invisible even to ourselves except when our survival is threatened.

"The Shelter" is the story of a group of families in a suburban neighborhood at the beginning of a nuclear war. Only one family has built a shelter.

Part 1
Part 2
Part 3

Total run time: 25 minutes.

2 comments:

kc bob said...

I loved that episode as well.. still remember watching it when I was a kid.. I'm suspecting that you have caught it on the SciFi channel :)

This episode is my favorite one from the zone.

John said...

That is one of the best -- a perfect warning to anyone who falls into bibliophilia.