Monday, June 08, 2009

Art Blogging: Tran Nguyen

Tran Nguyen is a Vietnamese illustrator. She is a BFA student at the Savannah College of Art and Design in Georgia. Nguyen strives for emotional bonding between observer/participant and the work of art in what she describes as a therapeutic purpose:

I've always been particularly interested in therapeutic imagery. I think art can be used to better lives rather than pure aesthetic purposes. As a person and as an artist, being able to create something that can bring about well-being and contentment is all that matters. Life is stressful enough, so I guess you could say my work could serve as one of those Tempur-Pedic beds.

I highly approve of this approach, and use art as a means of relaxing. A good work of art is like a squishy mattress.

You can read an interview of Nguyen here, or read her blog.

Yoke.

The Frog Prince.




HT: Juxtapoz

No comments: