Monday, August 03, 2009

Old Geezers and Technology

The younger you are, the more you tend to be an early adapter of newer technologies. So Jeff the Baptist got to wondering what future technologies his kids might berate him about not adapting:
  • Jeez dad, why do you keep using these old mp3 players? Don't you know everything's on audio crystals now?

  • I know. My dad is still listening to music with his ears. I keep telling him he can get it piped straight into his audio center in higher fidelity now. Especially with his hearing.

  • Well he probably refuses to mindjack onto the connected global consciousness anyway.

  • Yeah, my parents will only get on using a hardline. I keep telling them that the info cloud is subspace accessible now, but the idea of instantaneous high bandwidth connectivity inside their heads freaks them out. They still make me talk to them with words! It takes me forever to tell them anything! Like whole minutes even!
Heh. I can imagine my little girl saying one day "Dad's so slow. He can only play two video games at once."

No comments: