Thursday, February 18, 2010

The Batman Theory of Romantic Archetypes

Bryan of Daily DCU has an intriguing idea:

For years I’ve had a theory: When men meet a woman, they eventually give them a Batman allegory. Whether they know it or not (I know I have), they assign certain character traits to a female that are best represented through one of Batman’s many love interests. To help those lonely men out (and if you’re still reading this, chances are you’re lonely) below is the list of woman you may encounter through the years, Lord knows I have:

1. Catwoman: She’s perfect for you; same interests, same sense in style, and the same sense of adventure. You both have your vices and hers may skew toward bad, but the chemistry when you’re together is always palpable. The problem is, once you’re done chasing each other around for years and decide to try a relationship out, you miss the thrill of the night. So, it’s best to leave her as a casual encounter, and trust me she’ll leave you as well; she’s just as strong as you are.

2. Vicki Vale: This is a girl you go on a few dates with, who asks you too many personal questions and is always sticking her nose in your business. You end up cutting her out of your life when she shows up somewhere she shouldn’t uninvited, like say your Bat-cave for instance…

The list goes up to nine. Which have you dated?

via reddit

2 comments:

Johnny Cat said...

Batgirl and I are still making it work, despite Poison Ivy's machinations.

John said...

I don't think that I've dated any of these women, but I definitely am married to Wonder Woman now.