Monday, February 28, 2005

Methodist Blogs Weekly Round-Up

Donald Sensing provides analysis on negotations between the US forces in Iraq and the Baathist terrorists, a miracle story emerging from the tsunami-affected region, on liveblogging his diet, metal inflation in the armed forces, and school kids sending anti-American letters to US troops.

Beth Quick wrote about the movie Hotel Rwanda and ideological rankings in the US Senate.

Marvin of The Ivy Bush blogged about reading Reinhold Neibuhr, news media reaction to the 'Dean Scream', critiques a David Brooks column on government spending, and posits a Christian point of view on Chekov's play The Cherry Orchard.

John Wilks blogged about Christian teens learning about serving the poor, distinguishing between how you talk in seminary classes and how you talk to ordinary Christians, reflections on the second chapter of Epistle to the Romans, and the warming of the Christian heart toward repentence during Lent.

Wes Magruder provides an update on his missionary efforts in Cameroon.

Shayne Raynor's blog is currently down. I'll update later when it's functioning again.

Do you know of another blog that should be included in the Methodist Blogs Weekly Round-Up? Leave a note in the comments and let me know.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

A very interesting round up.
If you're prepared to include British Methodists (and why not?!) could I suggest my blog is included? You might also consider 42.
And, of course, the Gutless Pacifist.

Anonymous said...

Oh, and The Faithful Skeptic

John said...

Thanks, Richard! I'll include them all in the next Roundup. I've seen Beth Quick link to Gutless Pacifist, but I haven't read it myself.

John said...

Is Gutless Pacifist a Methodist? I can't find anything on that blog to suggest that it is.

Anonymous said...

Hi, I'm Jennifer and I'm a Methodist blogger. My blog is http://scandalofparticularity.blog-city.com

Also, Marvin of The Ivy Bush is Presbyterian, not Methodist. His co-blogger Jonathan is Methodist. Each individual post will tell you whether Marvin or Jonathan wrote it.

The Gutless Pacifist is also a group blog, and its blogger Pen is a Methodist pastor.

John said...

Thank you, Jennifer! That clears up a lot. I had wondered, because Marvin mentioned being a Calvinist, which struck me as one of those non-negotiables for Methodist ordination.

I'm not sure how I'll handle the group blogs. I'll have to think about that.

And, of course, I'll add you to the Roundup.