Monday, May 16, 2005

Methodist Blogger Profile: Cole Wakefield

Cole Wakefield of Christian Dissent

Background

I live in Nashville, TN with my partner Jason. I am originally from Arkansas and moved to Nashville in January. I work a non-retail job for a Christian retailer. I currently attend Saint Leo University.

Why do you blog?

I ask myself this everyday and the answer keeps evolving. I guess truth and love are my main motivators.

What has been your best blogging experience?

The 'discovery' of the Methodist blogosphere and the discussion that comes out of it.

What would be your main blogging advice to a novice blogger?

Uhhh.....Am I still a novice? I guess just blog what your hearts tells ya. And be careful who you tell about your blog.

If you only had time to read three blogs a day, what would they be?

Arkansas Daily Blog, to keep up with home; Weselyblog, updated daily and has some great discussion; Boing Boing, funny stuff here.

Who are your spiritual heroes?

Martin Luther King Jr, Mel White, anyone who strives to affect change through peace and love

What are you reading at the moment?

Re-reading "God's Politics" because Jim Wallis is coming to town.

What is your favorite hymn and why?

"They Will Know We Are Christians By Our Love" this song speaks to my mission

Can you name a major moral, political or intellectual issue onwhich you've ever changed your mind?

All of them, I used to be a big conservative, but then I 'grew-up' :-)

What philosophical thesis do you think is most important to combat?

What an interesting question

If you could effect one major policy change in the governing of your country, what would it be?

Health care, I would make sure everyone has the physical and mental health care they need.

If you could effect one major policy change in the Methodist Church, what would it be?

Do you have to ask? The gay one.

What would be your most important piece of advice about life?

Just remember, most of the stuff the bothers us, doesn't really matter.

What, if anything, do you worry about?

I worry about fellowship in the church

If you were to relive your life to this point, is there anything you'd do differently?

Nope. My life, mistakes and all, have made me who I am today, and I am happy with that.

What do you like doing in your spare time?

Gaming, Blogging, Reading, Theatre

What is your most treasured possession?

My computer

What talent would you most like to have?

Singing

If you could have any three guests, past or present, to dinner who would they be?

Jesus, King David, and Mohammad; lets work somethings out.

No comments: