Saturday, June 11, 2005

Book Meme Tag

I've been tagged in the latest meme circulating around the blogosphere.

1. Number of books I own.

As a rough estimate, I'd say between 300-400.

2. The last book I bought.

Give Me Liberty, a collection of science fiction short stories.

3. The last book that I read.

A New Kind of Christian by Brian McLaren. My critique is here.

4. Books that mean a lot to me.

The Bible, first and foremost. I read this chronological daily Bible every day.

Anthem by Ayn Rand. It expresses the right of individual soveriegnty in contrast to the evil and dangerous value of collectivism. Yes, I know that she was a bit nutty and an atheist, but she has impacted me none the less.

Watership Down by Richard Adams. I spent four years in an online role-playing game based on this novel, and it has come to be an important mythology for my life.

5. Tag five other bloggers.

Okay. John Wilks, Quotidian Grace, Jeff the Baptist, Joel Thomas, and Theresa Coleman.

No comments: