Wednesday, July 13, 2005

Wycliffe Bible Translation Project: Valley Girl

Blessed be the humble workers of the Wycliffe Bible Translators, who have strived to make the Word available to all the nations of the earth. In addition to their difficult, yet fruitful effort to translate the Bible into Smurf, they have now released their edition of the Scriptures in Valley Girl:

13Someone in the crowd said to like, him, "Teacher, tell my brother to like, divide the inheritance with me."
14Jesus replied, "Man, who appointed me a judge or an arbiter between you?"

15Then he said to like, them, "Watch out. Oh my God! Be on your guard against all kinds of greed; a man's life does not consist in the abundance of his possessions."
16And he told them this parable: "The ground of a certain rich man produced a good crop.

17He thought to like, himself, 'What shall I do? I have no place to like, store my crops.'
18"Then he said, 'This is like totally what I'll do. I will like, tear down my barns and build bigger ones, and there I will like, store all my grain and my goods.
19And I'll say to like, myself, "You have plenty of good things laid up for many years. Take life easy; eat, drink and be merry." '
20"But God said to like, him, 'You fool. Oh my God! This totally night your life will like, be demanded from you. Then who will like, get what you have prepared for yourself?'
21"This is like totally how it will like, be with anyone who stores up things for himself but is like totally not rich toward God."

4 comments:

Jody Harrington said...

Totally AWESOME, Man.

Jeff the Baptist said...

Like gag me with a spoon...

Jennie said...

I would like to add for trivia's sake, the shortest verse in the Bible:
"Jesus like, totally wept."

John said...

Very good, Valley Girl.