Tuesday, October 23, 2007

100 Truths in 30 Years

Dan Edelen has written 100 things that he has learned since he became a Christian thirty years ago. Here are a few choice ones:
  • Love God. Love people. It’s that simple.
  • In the end, nothing in life satisfies but Jesus.
  • One of the most easily seen fruits in mature Christians is that they pray for people who oppose them rather than complain about them.
  • Many of Evangelicalism’s most intractable problems would vanish if we adopted the confessional booth.

Read the whole thing. Hat tip to Joe Carter's 33 Things -- one of the best weekly events in the blogosphere.

What would be on your list?

5 comments:

Dan Trabue said...

I'm much less concerned that we take the Bible literally as I am that we take it seriously.

We have the intelligence to expand our technology exponentially.
However, I question whether we have the wisdom to do so.

Does eat oats and mares eat oats and little lambs eat ivy.

Sorry, I maxed out at three.

Matt Akins said...

-The principle virtues of a programmer are laziness, impatience, and hubris.
(Thank you Larry Wall)

-Never Eat Shredded Wheat

-When trapped in the maze, always follow the left wall.

-Shakespeare sounds better in the original Klingon,

- e^(i*pi) + 1 =0

-No matter how hard I try, I cannot levitate by squeezing my eyes shut and wishing.

-In the fight between me, the motorcycle, the truck, and the ground : the motorcycle died, the truck was maimed, pieces of me were broken or missing, but the ground wasn't even shaken. The lesson : Always wear your helmet.

Matt Akins said...

Also, when confronted with zombies, AIM FOR THE HEAD!

dle said...

John,

Thanks for the link to my post at Ceruleans Sanctum on the 100 truths. I pray it blesses your readers.

John said...

Shakespeare does indeed sound best in the original Klingon, but the Lapine translation is also melodious.