Friday, January 23, 2009

Getting Older

Jockeystreet on fatherhood:

I sold my gear.

My 1974 Kramer fretless bass. My amp head. My processor and pedals. My funky Ovation bass. I've offered out my remaining bass speaker cabinet, am just waiting to hear back.

Thousands of dollars of equipment. Thousands of hours of playing, recording, playing the part of the up and coming rock star.

For the last couple of years, most of that stuff has just been sitting in the back of a big closet.

I finally let it go. I needed that storage space in order to get things out of the living room.

So that I could make room for toys. Specifically, for a very small table with very small chairs (decorated with monkeys and elephants), a toy kitchen, and a pile of cardboard blocks.

Life is just awfully damn weird.

1 comment:

Theresa Coleman said...

Welcome to adulthood. Fasten your seat belts and enjoy the ride... If enjoy is the correct word.

I have thousands of dollars of stained glass and supplies. Glass shards plus babies equal something not very nice.