Monday, March 30, 2009

Uh Oh...

I love my Chevy Silverado. After 27,000 miles, the only work that I've had to do on it is change the oil. But after the federal takeover of General Motors, I have a feeling that it's about to start falling apart. President Obama:

It is my hope that the steps I am announcing today will go a long way towards answering many of the questions people may have about the future of GM and Chrysler. But just in case there are still nagging doubts, let me say it as plainly as I can -- if you buy a car from Chrysler or General Motors, you will be able to get your car serviced and repaired, just like always. Your warrantee will be safe.

In fact, it will be safer than it's ever been. Because starting today, the United States government will stand behind your warrantee.


The quality control of my truck is guaranteed by the federal government? I'm screwed.

HT: Bainbridge

2 comments:

Earl said...

Don't worry. Be happy. And remember the mantra, "Change we can believe in."

JD said...

John,

Sorry to hear that. I, for some reason, really thought you had a Ford. My condolences.


On a brighter note, a guy called in to my local talk show this morning and gave the pres a new nick name: Pres. Goodwrench. He compared the new warranty program to Medicade/Medicare where you are always declined warranty work the first go round, the paper trail is 4 times more than it was, and ultimately you have to get a lawyer to prove you need the work done a mechanic (formerly a doctor) said you need done.

Classic!

PAX
JD