Wednesday, April 07, 2010

University Offering Master's Degree in Vampiric Literature

Would you like to get course credit for watching Buffy? The University of Hertfordshire is offering a new master’s program that focuses on vampires in fiction:
In a bid to make the most of that interest, George is launching, in September, what seems to be the world’s first master’s degree in vampire literature. “In the months I’ve been planning the conference I’ve fielded a huge number of inquiries from people all over the world who are interested in studying vampires, zombies and the undead at a higher level,” she says. “I had the idea of offering the master’s as a direct follow-up from the conference. I thought it was crucial to have a way of extending this burst of awareness.” The best papers from the conference will be collected in a book, which will become a textbook for the MA students.

via io9

3 comments:

Anastasia Beaverhausen said...

YES! Okay, now I'm going to read past the first sentence.

John said...

GOOD! So would I.

Unknown said...

I knew there was a reason for cramming myself full of Anne Rice, Brahm Stoker, Joss Whedon, etc.