Friday, October 14, 2005

Observations from the Methodist Blogger Profiles

Well, I'm back from a short time in a detox facility to address my addiction problem. I would stay longer but the press of seminary work will not permit it.

My thanks to Inlehain and Hyzenthlay for filling in for me. As you can see from their writings, they are..uh, different. My dog, thankfully, has a more mainstream political ideology.

Anyway, various Methobloggers have completed 25 Blogger Profiles, all of which are archived in the sidebar on the left. Over the next few days, I will post observations from reading over them.

What is your favorite hymn and why?
20% of all respondents replied "And Can It Be" by Charles Wesley, making it the most popular hymn among Methobloggers.

What intellectual thesis do you think is most important to combat?
Jay Voorhees, Richard Hall, and I gave diametrically opposite answers.

Jay:
Individualism and consumerism. These are the ethical challenges that put our society most at risk.

Richard Hall:
Individualism.

John the Methodist (me):
Collectivism – the notion that people only have value as members of groups, rather than as individuals. It is collectivism that has led to the worst evils the world has known: communism, fascism, and the Teletubbies.

No comments: