Thursday, April 20, 2006

Methodist Blogger Profile: Chris Kindle


Chris Kindle of Kindlings


Current Charge: Associate Pastor at Concord U.M.C., North Sewickley Township near Beaver Falls, PA, 2005-Present
Married to Jan for 11 years. (No children)
Hometown: Erie, PA (Trinity U.M.C. was my home church.)
Bachelor Degree in Criminology from Indiana University of PA, 1994
Master Degree in Divinity from Asbury Theological Seminary, 2000
Member of the Order of the Flame (World Methodist Evangelism), 2005
Previous Charge: North Clarion Good Shepherd U.M.C., 2000-2005

Why do you blog?
One day I woke up thinking that I needed a blog. Blogging is a way to express myself, to spread the faith and start some dialogue.

What has been your best blogging experience?
My best blogging experience has been getting a comment from Len Wilson of Midnight Oil Productions (www.midnightoilproductions.com). He commented on a discussion regarding the use of technology in worship.

What would be your main advice to a novice blogger?
a. Use pictures as often as possible.
b. Try to blog daily. It will keep your interest and your readers interest.
c. Remember anyone can be reading your blog…anyone.

If you only had time to read three blogs a day, what would they be?
http://www.mcilweb.blogspot.com/
http://www.brettprobert.blogspot.com/
http://www.locustsandhoney.blogspot.com/.


Who are your spiritual heroes?
Biblically, it would be Jesus, Job and Moses.
Historically, it would be John Wesley.

What are you reading at the moment?
The Bible Jesus Read by Philip Yancey

What is your favorite hymn and why?
Being an ATS graduate I have to go with the Asbury fight song…And Can It Be?

Can you name a major moral, political, or intellectual issue on which you've ever changed your mind?
I used to be pro-death penalty and now I’m against the death penalty. (I’m Pro-Life all the way around.) I was a Criminology major at Indiana University of PA and heard how many people are in prison falsely and realized that people could die for a crime they didn’t commit. It is just not worth it.

What philosophical thesis do you think is most important to combat?
Moral relativism.

If you could effect one major change in the governing of your country, what would it be?
I would eradicate the two-party system.

If you could effect one major policy change in the United Methodist Church, what would it be?
I would do away with the guaranteed appoint system and create a flat salary for the remaining pastors.

What would be your most important piece of advice about life?
That’s an easy one…accept Jesus Christ as your Savior and Lord.

What, if anything, do you worry about?
I don’t worry too much anymore.

If you were to relive your life to this point, is there anything that you'd do differently?
I would have wanted to meet my wife earlier.

Where would you most like to live (other than where you do now)?
Hawaii, so that I could be an extra on the show LOST.

What do you like doing in your spare time?
I like to take walks with my wife, Jan.

What is your most treasured possession?
My gerbils, Laverne and Shirley… so don’t mess with them, man.

What talent would you most like to have?
No hablo Espanol - I would like to speak Spanish fluently.

If you could have any three guests, past or present, to dinner, who would they be?
For the amazing stories alone… Moses, David and Jesus!

Editor's note: Chris included a picture of his gerbils with his MBP, but Blogger wouldn't load them.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for helping us track down Mr. Kindle. We've been looking for him for some time now.

- The FBI

Anonymous said...

Wow! Does this dreamboat really exist? I think I'm in love!!!!

Anonymous said...

gheesh... dreamboat? Have you seen that new pastey (sp?) skull of his???